Senior Technical Program ManagerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028981 Subsidiary StubHub
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2016, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise volume.
Owned by eBay, StubHub’s mission is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they’ll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. In May of 2016, StubHub expanded into more than 40 additional markets with the acquisition of Ticketbis.
StubHub’s vision encompasses four goals:
- Building a strong culture and talent magnet for diverse backgrounds
- Broadening our geographic footprint with #1 or #2 position in key markets
- Being an indispensable industry partner bringing audiences together
- Being everywhere our customers are and playing a larger role in their lives
Already the world’s largest event marketplace, StubHub thrives to be more than just a source to buy and sell tickets. The live experience landscape is evolving rapidly and technology is having a significant influence on events and experiences as we look to build a truly global product.
Technical Program Manager at StubHub will be the driving force behind execution to optimize the way we build and deliver end-to-end technology solutions that delight our fans, at global scale. Members of Technical Program Management team at StubHub will understand customer requirements and then be responsible for driving the delivery of company’s product roadmaps and features. As thought leaders you will also set the tone, standards, mechanisms and processes for how the company works.
In this role you will lead and influence a global team that ensures Product & Technology teams work directly with Business, Marketing, Customer Service teams to understand the needs and aspirations of our buyers, sellers and third party developers. The team will drive all aspects of concept to customer for different initiatives on the roadmap for customer facing applications, platform services, tools, APIs, capabilities, documentation, and customer/developer support. TPMs will work with cross functional teams, product management, and business teams across StubHub globally for timely and effective execution of key initiatives for the org.
- Program manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives.
- Interface with engineering managers and engineers to drive technical solutions, estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process.
- Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
- Drive architecture and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Stubhub leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Is strongly oriented towards results
- Thinks big
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
- A Masters in computer science or related technical discipline
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself