Sr. Network Software EngineerSan Jose, California
Raleigh, North Carolina Requisition Number R0029256 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a technology company and the challenges we are solving here are interesting and difficult as they typically precede those the majority of the industry will be facing in a few years.
We constantly live in an uncharted territory trying to scale our datacenter network footprint, employing new technology and looking at networking in a new, innovative way.
Often, we work on generational technologies that require us to look at common things in an unconventional way. You have an opportunity to join a team of diverse and talented engineers where you are never bored and always feel supported.
We collaborate, innovate, challenge, and support one another in all aspects of our daily professional lives. You will have an opportunity to define eBay’s next generation tools that help us manage our infrastructure, work on exciting projects that allow us to operate the network with minimal human interaction.
The eBay Network Software Engineering team is looking for a strong developer with a passion for developing and implementing creative solutions.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and own software solutions for Network Engineering & Security
- Work with software team to design, implement, test, and deploy software solutions
- Develop and maintain software standards and procedures
- Work with external teams/customers to gather requirements and iterate solutions quickly
- Develop domain expertise and apply it to solving current and future challenges
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Python and associated Python libraries (SQLAlchemy, Flask, Paramiko, etc)
- 2+ years of experience with Go in a production environment
- Experience with scalable distributed systems and messaging technologies (RabbitMQ, NATS, etc)
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments. Experience with Kubernetes deployments a bonus
- Experience with Jenkins and/or other CI/CD platforms
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good theoretical foundation in computer science
- Solid understanding of routing and switching, TCP/IP protocol stack
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: