MTS 1, Software EngineerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0029237 Subsidiary eBay
Job Title: MTS 1, Software Engineer/ Streaming or Messaging
- Be part of a team of super-smart engineers building next generation Streaming/Messaging platform using the latest open source technologies, including Kafka, Storm, Flink, Spark, etc.
- Design and implement differentiated production-ready features in a fast-pace environment with focus on scalability, performance, distribution, and availability
- Rollout features at the pace of business changes and requirements
- Passion to bring out innovative ideas and try out new solutions, while being open minded to feedback from the team
- Relentless focus on quality and automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- Self-directed work style with minimum supervision
- Expert level programming (Java, Python) are required with demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required due to dynamic nature of team discussions
- Working experience or knowledge of streaming technologies, including Kafka , Storm, Flink or Spark is preferred
- Experience building high performance, high scalability, and high availability applications is preferred
- Working experience in a cloud environment is preferred
- Working experience or knowledge of databases, including MySQL, MongoDB or HBase is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum and previous experience in a story driven agile environment is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Linux system is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: