Data Scientist/StatisticianSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0029310 Subsidiary eBay
Data Scientist/Statistician - Experimentation/Personalization
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you would be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world?
If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About Our Team:
Experimentation and Personalization are a key enabler for innovation at eBay and play a critical role in improving buyer & seller experience. Our experimentation capabilities are exceptional and we continue to enhance it to stay ahead of e-commerce trends. eBay products are increasingly powered by AI and personalizing our user experiences is key to our success.
The team is looking for an analyst/data scientist experienced in product analytics and experimentation to help improve the quality and analytic practices of eBay experimentation.
You should have experience with data mining and analysis, A/B testing, deriving actionable insight, and working with product teams to drive successful product development and innovation. In addition, you would have an opportunity to explore machine learning and personalization.
- Conduct research on statistical techniques, evaluating applicability of improved experimental design and measurement techniques to help guide teams throughout eBay with appropriate approach for A/B testing their products
- With the aid of modeling techniques and statistical software - analyze, extract key insights from model outputs, interpret statistical results, and communicate findings to the partners (product owners)
- Identify and build ML models and solutions to be applied in the area of personalized experiences or experimentation methodology
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes, and data pipelines for large scale data analyses, A/B testing, and related model development
- Collaborate closely with statisticians and data scientists in the larger team to scale algorithms and launch high- availability experimentation services
- Additional Job Description:
- The role is data-intensive and hence you should be extremely comfortable working with large sets of data and deliver business insights from the data using analytical techniques.
- You should also be willing to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, and able to operate collaboratively/cross-functionally with multiple teams, located in different geographies.
- You will have a hands-on approach to data analysis, machine learning, strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact.
Qualifications / Skill Set:
- PhD, MS, or BSc. Degree in Statistics/Economics/Mathematics/Computer Science or a quantitative field
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in business consulting, e-commerce, ML, search, or financial services
- Knowledge of statistical techniques including regression, experimental design, hypothesis testing and the application of ML algorithms
- Practical experience with SQL/Hive/Spark, data mining
- Experience in web or social analytics is preferred
- Experience with statistical tools like: R, Python, Tableau
- Experience presenting ideas and nurturing data driven decision-making with product leadership
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: