Android Tech Lead (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0028943 Subsidiary mobile.de
With 1.4 million vehicles, mobile.de is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most challenging product development organizations in eBay Germany. We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to build the best of class experience in the vehicle market. Mobile.de is hiring in Berlin!
The Technology group is looking for anAndroid Tech lead (f/m/d).
As part of our mobile team you will be building and managing our app for Android and power our amazing growth. If you are a believer in customer centric thinking, agile and lean software development, feel responsible for your product, enjoy working in cross functional teams, want to craft quality and most importantly want to make an impact then get in touch with us!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile application
- Ensure that code is compliant with latest design standards and best-practices
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews, and mentoring
- Push forward our testing process including unit, integration- and functional testing
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our app
- Research and prototype solutions to difficult problems
- Work in a data driven environment implementing AB tests and working with analytical app data
- 7+years of experience in object oriented development and min. 2 years of experience working with Java/Android
- Excellent understanding and strong experience with the Android platform
- Experience in mobile testing (Robolectric, Espresso, JUnit, …)
- Enthusiasm for Android development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Know how to use Android Studio for development. Android Profiler for performance debugging is a plus
- Excellent programming skills in Java (Language and APIs), programming skills in Kotlin and willingness to become an excellent Kotlin coder
- Strong know-how in object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Experience with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST and JSON
- Real life reference or open source projects (Github / Bitbucket / Stackoverflow Account) is a plus
- You´re able to demonstrate Intellectual curiosity, passion for pragmatic problem-solving, user-centric thinking and drive for innovation
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented data driven environment
- Experience in iOS is a plus
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What do we offer?
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- Varied and interesting tasks with high level of personal responsibility.
- A well maintained code base with a testing code coverage.
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events.
- Beside working in our Dreilinden-office you can work from home and/or 1day in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain (depending on tasks / projects).
- Flexible working hours and working part-time possible (75-80% min.)
- Family friendly company. We love children.
- A great campus with fitness center (yoga, Pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself