Frontend Developer GrowthAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0029848 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Front-end Developer – Growth
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eBay Classified Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun. We look forward to hearing from you.
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. We’ve organized around the key stages of the customer, where every journey team is a matrix team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers and marketers.
You will be part of a new Growth Team for our Global Buy/Sell Marketplace. This is a fast-paced team that will be responsible for optimizing the customer funnel – acquisition, activation, and retention growth rates. The individuals on this team are highly motivated to create new channels and optimize features that drive (new and existing) user activation and engagement with our marketplace. The team’s core capability is data-driven rapid experimentation to identify winners that increase our buyer and seller vibrancy.
As a Front-end Developer, you will work closely with product, marketing, design, and data analysts, to help grow an active user base. You will help guide new auto buyers through our funnel (from acquisition, onboarding, activation, and ultimately connecting to sellers), and also help make sure these users stick around.
You enjoy experimentation and leveraging data as a great tool to learn, grow, and guide understanding, also knowing it is not the be-all-end-all. You focus on implementing fast, not perfect code, and iterating along the way. This developer has experience working with a design & content team to build great websites - but also knows when and how to push back for better performance, SEO, and UX. Key responsibilities include:
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, analytics, and design and other to implement a high number of front-end experiments
- Code new features or optimizations that test/ship quickly and with high quality
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction, specifically for growth initiatives
- 5+ years’ web development (front-end/full-stack) experience
- 4+ years with client-side conversion optimization or usability testing (heatmaps, A/B, conversion funnel optimization, user cohort analysis, etc.)
- Experience optimizing for SEO, responsiveness, and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience working with web analytics tools (gathering and analyzing web data)
- BA/BS with at minimum 5-7 years of post-university work experience
- Prior experience working with growth and/or marketing teams a plus
- Prior experience working in fast paced, high-growth company a plus
NICE TO HAVE
- Native app (Android/iOS) experience or exposure
- Java/Scala experience or exposure
eBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer. eBay does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and business need
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: