Work from Home Customer Support @ eBay - WestDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0030256
Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on eBay. Our mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and exceptional selection. We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success. We employ extraordinary people who do meaningful work that has a tangible impact on the lives of individuals all over the world. And we aspire to make outstanding things possible for each other, for our customers, and for you. We’ve been doing this for over 20 years. And we're just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
Working at home, you will interact and provide customer support to our UK and Irish sellers and buyers. You’ll be our customer’s first point of contact, solving their problems, in the quickest, simplest, easiest way possible and make them feel great about eBay along the way. You will be representing eBay in such a way that our customers are blown away by the service you provide. We're looking for dynamic, passionate, creative, autonomous and technically savvy people. If you love to listen to customers and enjoy problem-solving, then this may be the job for you. Your journey with eBay will begin with a comprehensive training program on our products, technology and performance targets. After your initial training, you will be required to reach proficiency in your targets. Going forward you will participate in the ongoing training and upskilling, to set you up for a long-term career with eBay.
Important Information: The start date for this role is 29.04.2019. You would need to be available for 8 consecutive weeks of training (without holidays) from the start date.
• Be a customer advocate making customers feel great about eBay
• Answer a high volume of calls from eBay customers and take ownership of resolving their queries (ask your Recruiter about the types of calls)
• Provide up-selling, cross-selling and account retention services as needed
• Excel at learning through virtual training programs and self-learning to keep growing your eBay knowledge
• Master your knowledge of eBay technology and applications
• Achieve your individual targets
• Be a great team player and continuously work to achieve team targets
• Be responsible for your development goals and keep evolving to be your best self at work
• Resident in the Republic of Ireland
• Eligible to work full time in Ireland
• Available for shift work including early mornings, late evenings and weekend work (ask your Recruiter about shift details)
• Interested in e-commerce and have an understanding of eBay
• Passionate about customers and customer experience
• Great at connecting with people and building relationships
• A good listener with a friendly attitude
• Self-disciplined and have good organisational skills to be able to work from home
• Articulate in communicating information over the phone
• Resilient and not afraid of challenging conversations
• Driven and motivated to reach and exceed your targets
• Experienced in both collaboration and individual work
• Technology-friendly and used to computer systems and applications
• Adaptable to a dynamic and ever evolving workplace
Home Office Requirements
eBay will provide you with all technology required for the role. You will need to provide:
• A Home Office space with a door that can close, so you can work with no distractions and protect the privacy of customer information
• An ergonomic desk & chair
Important - Internet Requirements
eBay will provide you with a dedicated business internet connection, through our preferred 3rd party supplier. The connection will be installed free of charge, directly in your Home Office, on completion of Probation. Every new hire must meet our qualification criteria for our preferred 3rd party supplier.
• To check if your home office qualifies - go to the following link -https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/can-i-get-eir-fibre-broadband/
During your probation period, you will be required to use your own internet provider. Prior to installing eBay's dedicated business internet connection, eBay will reimburse you for the use of your internet service. Your internet service must meet the following criteria:
• High speed wired Internet service e.g. Fibre to the Cabinet, Fibre to the Home or Cable Internet. Lower speed wired service such as DSL and wireless services e.g. WiMAX, Satellite, Mobile are not permitted
• Your internet connection must meet the minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and upload speed of 4 Mbps
• An Ethernet cable connected from your Internet Modem to your Home Office, so you can connect the eBay computer to the Internet
• A phone landline (either existing active phone landline or inactive phone landline that can be activated)
Have Questions? Your Recruiter will answer any questions during the recruitment process.
We care about People. We are richly diverse and we have built an authentic culture where you can bring your whole self to work. We provide mentoring and ongoing coaching to our new hires. We promote a culture of listening, learning and growth. Our dynamic, fast paced environment is constantly evolving and makes an exciting place to work.
• Basic Salary of €28,500
• Quarterly Bonus Plan
• 25 days Holidays
• Educational Assistance
• Healthcare Plan
• Life Assurance
• Pension Plan
• Employee Discounts
• Sabbatical every 5 years
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: