Portfolio Risk Policy ManagerAustin, Texas
Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0030863
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you will craft the future of global commerce? Want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ebay seeks a highly talented and driven individual to join the Risk Management Policy team. You will be located in Austin, Salt Lake City, or San Jose and will report to the Seller Risk Manager. The principal responsibility of the role is the development of risk policies in line with seller risk management goals related to Managed Payments launch and expansion. You will ensure that all partners are informed and effectively engaged while optimizing strategies and policies for the seller portfolio.
The role requires a results-oriented Risk Policy professional with the capacity to connect decisions to broader risk strategy and regional needs. It requires analytically driven tactical execution with an entrepreneurial blend of management, technical, creative, business, and marketing skills. A vital requirement to success is being a great partner within Risk and across the ebay organization.
- Keen customer focus - consider the customer on every experience/policy developed and focus energy and effort to build and solve for the customer
- Deep knowledge of analytical tools and use of data to validate strategies or hypotheses. Understand, and improve processes, and methodologies to drive solutions
- Excellent understanding of financial outcomes from initiatives and strategies
- Proven ability to measure and monitor impact of policy decisions
- Ability to navigate cross functional matrixed organizational structure to meet individual through enterprise goals
- Experience building effective data visualizations and portfolio performance capabilities
- Curiosity to continuously improve policies in support of customer experience and goal alignment
- Proven record of setting and achieving realistic yet challenging goals
- Evidence of identification and resolution through the decomposition of complicated problems into essential elements
- Examples of independent judgment used to overcome obstacles and issues
- Experience with root cause identification and effective solution delivery
- Work history illustrates improvement and innovation in analytic technologies with measured and meaningful impact on the business
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with senior leaders of the organization
- Optimistic and “can-do” attitude with a penchant to challenge the status quo to "get it done"
- A history illustrating measured risks taken that break down barriers and promotes new and creative ways to most efficiently meet goals
MS degree in a quantitative major and 1+ years of experience
BS degree in a quantitative major and 3+ years of experience
A minimum of 1 year of quantitative financial services experience including hands on SQL and data analysis.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: