Senior Manager, EMEA Risk GovernanceDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0030499 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
We are looking for a highly talented and self-motivated individual to join our Risk Governance team. The principal responsibility of this role is to develop policies to support our corporate business objectives while mitigating the risks associated with payment processing, seller onboarding and loss recovery.
You will support the business plan of Business Units (BUs) and EMEA teams. You will ensure your partners are informed and engaged through the process of analyzing product, customer and geographic data to build strategies that optimize revenue, loss and operating expenses across our global markets.
Success in this role requires the capacity to connect decisions to broader risk strategies, to align multiple teams, to drive tactical execution of these strategies, and to have the agility to pivot and adapt strategies to meet the needs of our dynamic marketplace.
You will lead defining and revising risk tolerance within EMEA and local Business Units (BUs).
You will partner closely with cross functional teams (BU/Trust/ legal/ Compliance/Info-Security/Customer Operation) to enable new innovative experience.
- BS/BA degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of quantitative financial services experience
- MS/MBA/MA degree or equivalent a plus
- ACAMS certification a plus
- You are results oriented, and can connect decisions to a broader risk strategy while executing tactically, embodying a blend of managerial, entrepreneurial, technical, creative, business, and marketing skills.
- You have deep knowledge of business processes, data systems and flows, as well as analytic tools, processes, and methodologies, solutions to drive technological advancement in the area of responsibility.
- You have a strong understanding of business and finance in the context of the eBay marketplace and use it to facilitate prioritization of work.
- You will exercises independent judgment to overcome obstacles and issues. Seeks to identify root causes and recommends solutions to avoid repeat of problems.
- Will use a wide range of previous experience to solve complex technical challenges in creative and effective ways. Continuously seeks improvement and innovation in analytic technologies providing immediate and substantial impact on business.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills. Collaborates with peers across the broad organization on ideation and innovation.
- You effectively communicate the technical vision and roadmap to the Vertical/Business Unit (BU). Stays optimistic, maintains the “can-do” attitude, not afraid to try out solutions to problems.
- Takes measured risks and maintains an entrepreneurial spirit that breaks down barriers to promote new and creative ways to meet goal.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and payments operating rules related to risk management
- You have the ability to tap into a wide range of previous experience, internal and external technologies, and advanced concepts to solve complex, and sometimes opposing, business objectives to protect eBay and our sellers from unnecessary financial, reputational and regulatory risk
- Consistent track record collaborating across complex organizations to become a trusted advisor providing risk management insights and thought leadership to help teams achieve business objectives
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed to support a global Business Unit
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: