Pricing & Promotions Analyst (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0030903 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
To join the Monetization team in Berlin we are currently recruiting for a
Pricing and Promotions Analyst (f/m/d)
The core of eBay’s business is the unique selection of products it offers to buyers, through the world’s largest selection of sellers. Our sellers come in many shapes and sizes: individuals selling used products for cash, entrepreneurs turning an idea into a flexible income stream for themselves and multi-million pound/euro/dollar businesses using eBay as a fixed price retail channel.
In return for bringing buyers to our sellers, one of eBay’s main sources of revenue is from our sellers in the form of listing and transactional fees. The Monetization team is responsible for defining the vision for how eBay monetizes its marketplace -- balancing growth, customer satisfaction, and financial objectives for eBay within an ever more challenging and dynamic competitive landscape. Using a data and insights driven approach, the team identifies and executes on opportunities to accelerate commerce on the multi-billion dollar eBay platform while simultaneously innovating and simplifying the experience for our millions of customers.
You will work very closely with the Monetization Lead and the Pricing analytics team in developing and executing pricing & promotion strategies (primarily related to selling fees), analyzing and recommending specific changes and then taking responsibility for implementing them in the business.
- Setting, and project managing promotions that have a significant business impact: you will be responsible for their execution
- Finding opportunities to optimize current processes, as you will partner with different Teams (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Legal, Customer Services, Product)
- Reporting on key financial and customer KPIs
- Communicating with key partners
- Providing business/customer insights to support the planning and decision-making process
- Driving analytics projects and making recommendations on how we can optimize our strategy across different markets
- You are genuine enthusiasm for eBay and e-commerce.
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including hands-on experience with SQL and MS Excel.
- You have experience in project management. A structured approach to planning, execution, learning is needed to drive projects forwards.
- You love working independently and are passionate about making a material impact on business performance.
- Your attention to detail is important for the role.
- You are fluent in English. Additional language skills like German, Italian, French or Spanish are a plus.
- You have fun working with people and proof of a sense of humor – much appreciated!
What do we offer:
- The chance to live in one of the best and most welcoming cities in the world!
- Dynamic and complementary team with exciting personalities, real passion for e-commerce and integrity.
- Varied and interesting tasks with high level of personal responsibility including flexible work hours.
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies.
- A great campus with fitness center, table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: