Platform Architect Business ServicesAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0030910 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Platform Architect Business Services
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Platform Architect Business Services
eBay classifieds group is embarking on a journey to accelerate scale through the use of global technology capabilities. As a team we collaborate across the globe with both local and central initiatives to develop, implement, and continuously evolve global technical solutions. As part of the global capabilities team we’re looking for a Platform Architect Essential Business Services.
In this role you will:
- Shape the Architecture Strategy by translating high-level business strategy to design-level technology, distinguishing between main issues and side-issues;
- Translate the strategy towards architecture models, principles & guidelines, which can be used by our autonomous squads to self-direct;
- Provide high-level guidance, including clear actionable steps that can be understood everywhere within the organization;
- Act as a trusted technology advisor towards squads, global Product & Technology management, and local markets;
- Contribute to business ideas with relevant technology trends and viewpoints, but also share their knowledge to develop the overall Product & Technology organization;
- Serve as a crucial link between eBay Classifieds’ local and central strategic initiatives and the global capabilities teams. The ability to liaison within our organization and then translate that business vision to a target architecture to influence and drive execution of several autonomous teams is key.
You will span a broad range of functional areas in our portfolio, like:
- Customer support;
- Content Management.
We are looking for an expert colleague with a Product & Technology background. Some typical responsibilities could include:
Defining our target architecture that best fits eBay Classifieds Group’s technology and business ambitions;
- Conducting architecture assessment at various levels of detail;
- Defining growth models for the defined target architecture;
- Informing, coaching, and influencing our autonomous squads to execute their roadmaps in line with architectural guidelines;
- Leading solution evaluations with appropriate partners to define business and functional requirements to ensure short term needs are met and long term strategic fit is secured;
- Working closely with our global capabilities squads;
- Developing strong internal relationships with all levels of management to evangelize global capabilities solutions;
- Perform technical appraisals of vendor solutions in procurement procedures;
- Represent Essential Business Services in the Virtual Architecture Team.
What we expect from you:
You will work closely with global and local cross-functional teams and work smoothly under pressure, with communication that should be equally effective with Product & Technology and local business and development teams.
Do you have?
- A good understanding of main architectural concepts (e.g. scalability);
- Understanding of business dynamics and developments in functional areas covered (e.g. advertising, messaging, sales, marketing, etc.);
- Experience with integration projects in different technology domains (both custom and packaged solutions);
- The ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies;
- Experience in Agile methodology and tools;
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and C-Level in local markets and internal squads, at all levels both written and verbally;
- A love of learning and a commitment to improve;
- Proficient oral and written communications skills in English;
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computational Science, Electronic Engineering, or a similar field.
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one.
If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: