Product Manager - Search MetricsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0031033 Subsidiary eBay
The Search Metrics team supports eBay’s Search product teams to improve the user experience and drive the growth of eBay GMB and active buyers.
As a Product Manager in this team you will:
- Conduct quantitative analysis of user click-stream data to generate insights and drive decision making
- Collaborate with the Cross-functional leads to understand and translate user problems/needs into actionable data points/metrics and help identify, size and prioritize opportunities for improving the user experience with the aim of driving growth/conversion
- Partner with product and engineering teams to understand roadmap and strategy, proactively analyze business performance, and communicate data driven recommendations effectively and clearly
- Leverage data to help build hypothesis, monitor and review performance of AB tests, perform detailed analysis to validate performance by applying statistical rigor and provide recommendations to go/no-go decisions.
- Create and/or partner with the product team to build the reports/dashboards necessary for business health/ operational decision making
- Identify and develop analytical frameworks to evaluate growth and other KPIs to establish measurement and tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or other quantitative fields
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in using data to facilitate business decisions
- Strong experience with data analysis tools/techniques using SQL, Teradata/Hadoop, R, Python, Excel, and Tableau
- Industry experience (ecommerce is a plus but not a prerequisite)
- Proven capability to solve problems using advanced quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and to effectively collaborate within cross-functional teams
- Experience creating dashboard and building key metrics.
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and proactive, highly responsive, flexible and adaptable when working across multiple teams.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: