Sr. Analyst, PaymentsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0031066 Subsidiary eBay
Sr. Analyst, Payments
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you'll be proud to be a part of.
The Global Payments, Billing & Risk (GPBR) team is responsible for designing and building eBay's first ever payments platform. We aspire to enable exemplary customer experiences, where our buyers and sellers can come together and engage in commerce on the biggest marketplace in the world.
You play a meaningful role by partnering with internal teams and external organizations to optimize payments globally for buyer conversion, seller enablement, and cost/risk performance effectively. You will have extensive experience in global ecommerce payments, exceptional structured thinking, ability to synthesize and make recommendations driven by imperfect data from multiple sources (internally and externally), strong business intuition to guide their analysis, and ability to work both independently and cross-functionally. You will be responsible for translating strategy to execution and working cross functionally with product, engineering, analytics, regions, segments, and more to bring solutions to life.
- Define, own, and drive the core metrics enabling global payments success
- Analyzing key payment metrics and identifies actionable optimizations with the goal of improving the customer experience and payments performance
- Work cross functionally through planning, execution, performance analysis, and ongoing optimization of our payments capabilities
- Understand market leading global payment solutions and trends to inform strategy and potential opportunities for optimization
- Develop requirements needed to execute on strategic vision
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering to build-out critical payments platforms
- Forge new and enhance existing global payments and strategic relationships; manage contractual and technical development and negotiation
- Build in-depth regional and product expertise and build business cases backed with serious analytical horsepower
- Monitoring notifications from Vendor Partners and communicates impacts to appropriate departments and partners
- Helping our internal global teams with payment processing related issues
- Acting as a liaison with both vendors and internal teams
- Monitoring Cost of Payments; executing Partner audits
- Evaluating Vendor Partner performance and maintaining Vendor Partner Scorecards
- BS required, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years in ecommerce, payments, cross border, and payment networks
- 3+ years in product management, program management, and/or go-to-market roles
- Strong business insight and technical aptitude – ability to deep dive with product partners as needed
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision, gain key partner agreement, and lead teams through influence
- Successfully manage & build relationships with internal and external partners
- Have the art of managing without authority, ability to execute and influence outside the direct organization
- Provide insights and recommendations based on customer feedback and analytics
- Experience and an understanding of the global payments ecosystem and Fx
- Strong ability to build financial models and related scenario analyses
- Team player who can manage projects in a dynamic work environment
- SQL/analytical skills
- Proven, proficient experience in project management
- Strong, structured solution driven mindset
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Ability to analyze large data sets
- Comfort in managing through ambiguity
- Successfully operated in progressively senior leadership roles in a dynamic, global, matrix environment
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: