Working Student Go-to-Market (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Germany
Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0031762
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need and love virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has 170 million active buyers globally and more than 1 billion live individual and merchant listings at any given time, the majority of which is new and fixed-price merchandise. With mobile apps available in 190 countries, eBay delivers a personalized shopping experience and perfect access to inventory from down the street and aroundtheworld. Tailored shopping experiences, including eBay Fashion and eBay Motors, customize buying and selling; and eBay provides variety and choice for sellers by enabling them to offer goods through online, mobile and local channels to consumers aroundtheworld.
For the support of ourteams in Mitte and Dreilinden in Berlin we are searching for:
Working Student Go-to-Market, Catch - Inventory Merchandising or Analytics (f/m/d)
- from now on, for 12 months -
Youwillbe part of the eBay team working on scaling eBay’s latest innovation – a new ecommerce destination, Catch. We work quickly and entrepreneurially to develop the new site, and execute strategically to test, learn, and iterate. This opportunity to work for a startup organisation, nestled within one of the greatest ecommerce companies intheworld is truly one-of-a-kind. In your role, depending on your chosen focus area, youwillbe expected to support and be responsible foravarietyof projects either spanning inventory planning and merchandising or across analytics and insights. Youwillbe mentored by senior managers within eBay to guide your professionalandskillsetdevelopment.
We are looking for an working student who is motivated, analytical, organized, gets stuff done and not afraid to work hard to achieve something phenomenal. This person needs a focus on the customer needs, communicate clearly and have a structured approach to problems and projects.
- Understands customer needs, expectations, and journeys/experiences and be able to communicate these to others
- Potential to guide and drive operational work. Good process management necessary
- Lead multiple tasks through appropriate prioritization
- Potential for owning and driving a project; specific projects will be settled together
Inventory Merchandising & Planning specific tasks:
- Provide the analysis and insights to deliver market leading inventory selection in line with core customer needs
- Source the latest trends foravarietyof categories, including fashion, technology, home, lifestyle, etc.
- Support business initiatives by assessing the opportunity, tracking and optimizing the performance
- Give to the building and improving of business processes across the team to facilitate efficiencies
Analytics & Insights specific tasks:
- Build and run queries independently
- Build insights and actions from you analyses and visualize them
- Translate raw data into actions and advice
- Support the team with identifying and running qualitative and quantitative analyses (e.g. how is the inventory performing, how are users responding, etc.)
- Get stuff done, ambitious attitude
- Selfstarter, able to pick up new information swiftly
- Hard worker who shares in our vision
- Strong interpersonalskills. Ability to drive a project and partner management
- E-commerce savvy
- Analytics skills such as SQL, R, Excel and ability to communicate analytics is a plus
- Able to actively document activities and results
- Powerpoint / presentation abilities
- Fluency in both German and English a plus
What we offer:
- A versatile job in a dynamic and rapidlygrowing company, anchored in the global eBay organization.
- An international environment with options for professionalandskillsetdevelopment
- Aphenomenal campus with fitness center, table soccer, beach volleyball, basketball, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
- Team with varied strengths, realpassionfor e-commerce, integrity and a good senseofhumor
- Attractive remuneration
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: