Head of UX / Head of Design (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Germany
Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0031800 Subsidiary eBay Kleinanzeigen
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited classifieds in Germany and growing at an amazing speed. Currently, we have about 30 million active ads and more than 30 million monthly unique users - more than half on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen is run like a start-up yet is anchored in the global portfolio of eBay businesses.
Our local team is responsible for the full product life cycle including product management and design, development, analytics & user intelligence, customer insights, marketing, trust & safety and customer service. Our team members value the entrepreneurial spirit, the “can-do” attitude and their mutual respect for each other’s talent and contribution.
As our new Head of UX / Head of Design (f/m/d) you will enable your team to iteratively improve our user experience with solutions that address our customer needs, while meeting our business objectives and technology framework. You will be the main driver in research and ideation, prototyping, usability testing, implementation and evaluation.
- You lead a team of Product Designers and Researchers across cross-functional teams by inspiring, challenging and supporting them
- You coach your team on design strategy and execution, from discovery to delivery
- You actively coach your team members for personal development
- You set clear goals, shape strategies, and align the team on a shared vision
- You establish and continuously improve processes to support all phases of design
- You ensure your team follows an informed decision-making process using qualitative and/or quantitative insights
- You collaboratively contribute to the overall product vision and strategy
- You ensure efficient, consistent and high-quality design execution, for example by continuously improving our design system
- You advocate, encourage and enable the design thinking mindset by teaming up with different partners within eBay Kleinanzeigen and other eBay Classifieds Group entities
- You can provide full hands-on design work when needed
- You have 3+ years of experience in successfully building and leading a multi-disciplinary UX team in an agile environment
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in UX design and research for digital products (mobile and desktop)
- You have experience in leading a design team through all phases of a design cycle, from ideation, through discovery, to implementation and optimisation
- You have great instincts for making design decisions, supporting your intuition with the required user research and validation through data
- You are familiar with the latest design patterns in interaction and visual design, especially on mobile, yet are not afraid of thinking out-of-the-box when there is a reason to deviate from existing best practices
- You have a good understanding of marketing communication principles
- Ideally you have experience in creating and managing design systems
- You have excellent collaboration, communication and organization skills
- You challenge the status quo with the ability to articulate a path to get there
- You are fluent in German and English
What we offer
- User centricity is part of our mindset
- The chance to make a major difference in our team and in our customers lives
- Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team
- Home office possibilities
- Competitive salary, including stock plans and company pension scheme
- Conference & education budget
- A great campus in Dreilinden, just outside of Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen, and shuttle service.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: