Knowledge Graph Technical LeadSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0032211 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for a senior individual contributor with deep experience developing knowledge graphs for specific purposes, e-commerce experience a big plus. In this role, you will be the technical leader for a team delivering the centerpiece of a huge-scale system that pulls order out of chaos across one of the largest data sets on the planet.
Since it's eBay's catalog, we face challenges no one else has to solve -- we start with data of extraordinarily wide-ranging quality. When else in your career will you have the chance to define so ambitious a project and bring it to Production? Join the team architecting data and knowledge management that enables millions of people to make or supplement their income. Where else can you have that kind of impact on people's lives?
We use machine learning and programming at immense scale to define products, and to establish a myriad of relationships among them (competing, accessory, variation, ...) and between them and the rest of the world (price guidance, item signed by
The Structured Data R&D team uses a wide variety of tools across the stack, including state of the art machine learning technologies including our own proprietary high-performance vector space processing technology. We deploy in a number of frameworks including Docker and Kubernetes, OpenStack and public cloud, as well as highly optimized bare metal installations, and make extensive use of Hadoop and TeraData. We also use a number of programming languages including Go, Python, Scala, Java, R, ... our creativity is not limited by language choice - we are free to choose the best solution to the problem.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated, hands-on professionals who lead by example. These high-performing individuals will help take eBay to the next level through technical innovation and will help drive our technical direction for the next decade.
- Conceive, design and implement solutions that address complex business and technology needs. The solutions must be secure, resilient and performance.
- Enlarge eBay’s portfolio of capabilities through coherent APIs for internal users, sellers, and third parties.
- Contribute to eBay’s catalog of reusable patterns. Collaborate on pattern definition with stakeholders and peers to ensure that the pattern meets all necessary requirements. Create polyglot reference implementations of the pattern with clear and concise documentation to support adoption.
- Research, assess, recommend, and develop technologies in the context of eBay’s Marketplace product requirements. Build prototypes and convince business units of the benefits of the new technologies. Contribute to eBay’s patent portfolio.
- Deep subject matter expertise in one or more e-commerce domains with the ability to apply that expertise to improve of our software ecosystem.
- Provide Internal and External training and education which includes participation in external forums (developer conferences, tech conferences) as speakers.
- Provide hands-on technical and thought leadership across development, product management, operations, and engineering management through effective communication. Actively develop mentoring relationships within or across teams to help others further their careers.
- A strong technical foundation and the ability to communicate ideas, reasoning, benefits, costs, and risks to multiple audiences.
- Proven expertise in building platforms that support virtualization, scale, security, availability, performance, and automation. Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus.
- Demonstrated background in modeling software systems and excellent programming skills.
- Strong skills for verbal & written communication targeting technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic setting.
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and a strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- Work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, with 7 to 15 or more years in software engineering.
- Strong track record of engineering excellence including continuous delivery of high quality, massively scaled, innovative software. Expertise in Test-Driven Development and establishing a DevOps practice are a plus.
- Experience defining and modeling a consumable commerce API a plus.
- Domain expertise in one or more e-commerce or cloud infrastructure services a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: