Director Global Telecom & InfrastructureDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0032147 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX), Global Trust, and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
Director of Global Telecom, Contact Center Engineering
The Director of Global Telecom Engineering & Contact Center Infrastructure position is responsible for leading a global team of engineers supporting the design, build, and operational activities for eBay’s Global Contact Centers, Corporate Telephony systems, Partner Network, Security & At Home Infrastructure.
This is an Executive Leadership role that requires strong Technology, Business & Organizational leadership skills in additional to strong knowledge in Voice & Date Network architecture, disaster recovery planning, system design and implementation, and deployment of voice technologies across large enterprises.
- Enable & Support critical infrastructure that connects eBay corporate users to rest of the world and allows eBay customers to access eBay Customer Service functions.
- Provide local Site Leadership to technology teams and form strong business relationships
- Provide thought leadership on contact center architecture and multi-site call routing including demonstrated knowledge of carrier routing tools.
- Review business requirements and clearly communicate technical solutions in business terms, including a clear understanding of ROI, cost/benefit, risk, and value
- Work closely with Global Network Services engineering teams to ensure the global network meets the requirements for Voice transport and Real Time application transport across Global Contact Centers and Corporate offices. This includes providing detailed requirements for performance, input on network design, and a complete understanding of how the campus and back bone networks operate.
- Understanding of network routing protocols, network QOS configuration and network security is a requirement to be successful in this role.
- Lead vendor relationships for carrier services, application support, and vendor managed systems. This includes leading contract expiration, support agreements, and renewals.
- Establish and follow practices and procedures for infrastructure administration and problem resolution.
- Provide support for engineering teams responding to incidents related to telecom infrastructure during off hours
- Excellent organizational, time management, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills, a polished meeting/facilitator presence, excellent written communications, and superior documentation skills
- Have a solid technical background in both the design/build and operational aspects of telecommunications, contact center, and IT infrastructure.
- Proven ability to lead highly technical global engineering teams
- Capable of understanding the strategic direction of the company and how business drivers and impact technology strategy.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to engineering teams
- Experience designing and managing Campus, Data Center, and Global WANs.
- Knowledge of routing protocols, QOS, and firewalls
- Strong Customer Focused Work Ethic
- 10+ years in a large call center environment. Strong understanding of information technology and its impact on call centers.
- 10+ years of experience in at least 3 of the following:
- Avaya Contact Center Architecture
- Avaya Communications Manager Administration
- Avaya Application Enablement Services
- Avaya Experience Portal
- Session Border Controllers
- SIP Trunking
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- Integrated Voice Response (IVR)
- AT&T RouteIT
- Nice Call Recording
We are looking for a visionary leader who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, you constantly pushes the boundaries, takes risks, and has the mental agility to help shape the future.
A key commitment of the CS Technology organization is building a transformational eBay Service experience. You think customer first and always define the experience first before applying technology.
You are a passionate advocate for effective and efficient operations and will define innovative solutions that enable CS Tech to deliver a great customer and employee experience. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a bent for getting things done. You can think big while maintaining an obsessive attention to detail and intense focus on operations.
Visionary / Innovator
You are a creative, innovative, and curious leader who has a passion for technology, commerce and customer service. We need a strategic thinker who enjoys challenging organizations to fulfill their potential and deliver for customers.
You are adept at building relationships and trust across organizations. You strive to understand the business and apply that business acumen to ensure that you are recommending and delivering solutions that meet the business goals and deliver product, operational and experience improvements.
You are able to manage difficult conversations and own the hard calls. Being responsible for the success of a project even when you don’t oversee all the pieces. You are successful by relying on your own expertise, trusting in others to deliver on theirs, and through deep collaboration.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: