Head of TechnologyAbingdon, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0032174 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Motors.co.uk is a recent acquisition by eBay. Motors.co.uk team has joined Gumtree UK, an eBay Classifieds business, and, together with eBay Motors UK, will offer more than 620,000 car listings seamlessly across these platforms. This will enable car dealers in the UK to easily reach customers and give buyers access to more choice. In addition, the combination provides opportunities for cross-platform synergies with the eBay UK marketplace and an improved transaction experience for consumers.
As a result of this acquisition we are now looking for a Head of Technology. The Head of Technology, Motors, will report directly to the Head of Motors and will provide the vision and leadership for designing developing and implementing technology initiatives that create customer and business value.
The Head of Technology, Motors will work closely with the wider technology teams across Gumtree, eBay Classifieds Group and eBay to leverage best practice and to align with the wider technology strategy.
We require an agile leader who possesses experience in leading teams through technology integration projects, whilst continuing to ensure ongoing enhancement of the core buyer/seller experience. The ideal candidate will fixate on delivering value to our users with a passion for building a team and platform to be proud of.
As the Head of Technology, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Team Management and Development – Lead our growing engineering team at Motors.co.uk, helping to build on our strong culture of innovation and engagement
- Influence and participation – work collaboratively with colleagues in Gumtree and eBay Classified Group, with matrix responsibilities
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility and high performance that will build on the attractiveness of Motors.co.uk as a place to work
- Leading the combined Motors’ technology direction in accordance with the company’s goals and long term strategy, working closely with the rest of the Management Team.
- Providing vision and be responsible for the delivery of the integration of customer tools, reporting and back-end processes to help create a unified experience for advertisers
- Build a strong leadership team by coaching and developing engineering managers as well as senior tech leads.
- Work closely with other eBay Inc. entities to ensure direction and alignment for global driven initiatives.
- Engage with the wider UK leadership team in providing expertise on how to build and deploy scalable technology.
- Measure success of objectives and report on progress, team performance and business impact.
- Ensure clear and effective communication at all levels.
- Relationship Management – Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders, liaise with counterparts (i.e. eBay Classifieds group, eBay Marketplaces) to leverage existing technology where relevant
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 years’ work experience with an ecommerce or technology company and a minimum of 5+ years in a leadership role. 3+ years of indirect management (managing other people managers).
- Possess a blend of business and be technically savvy, have a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action.
- Independent, pragmatic and pro-active working attitude
- Proven track record for product delivery: entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience with mobile / multi-device development
- Ability to thrive in a cross functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Open minded, humble, eager to learn and critical.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology, ideally experience with the introduction of SCRUM and/or KANBAN
- Strong interpersonal skills, intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth company that never lost its start-up spirit
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: