T25 Search Backend Software EngineerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0031861 Subsidiary eBay
- Job Description
Do you want to be part of a team that builds and operates a world-class search engine that serves billions of queries a day? Do you thrive on developing efficient algorithms that process gigabytes of data in milliseconds? Do you want to be part of a team that owns ebay's largest deployed application with tens of thousands of servers, billion unique listings, billions of queries a day, and a highly available (99.999%) and performant system?
We are passionate about building the best search platform for the world’s largest online marketplace and are looking for top-notch software engineers with a predominantly backend focus or interest who are excited to build large-scale distributed systems to join the eBay Search Backend team.
- Understand, estimate, design and implement complex software applications
- Deliver very high performance, low latency, robust code with high test coverage, continuous integration and production monitoring
- Lead product and engineering design and code reviews
- Triage and debug production issues
- Perform on-call responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with 6 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Expertise in Distributed Systems
- Experience in Linux Systems Programming
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: