Legal Counsel e-Commerce (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0032305 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with a collection of brands that span the Globe.
Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Our unique brands – BilBasen, DBA, 2dehands/2ememain, eBay Kleinanzeigen, Gumtree, Kijiji, Marktplaats.nl, mobile.de, Motors.co.uk, and Vivanuncios – offer online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eBay Classifieds Group is a global collection of local brands that aim to create connected commerce, enabled by people, supported by technology and open for everyone.
As part of eBay Inc., eBay Classifieds Group and its local labels share eBay’s overall purpose, as formulated on eBayInc.com. Our founding principles and fundamental beliefs as a purpose-driven company help guide the ways we operate our business every day.
eBay Inc.’s Legal Department is looking for a modern, effective in-house Legal Counsel e-Commerce (f/m/d) to join the international eBay Classifieds Group Legal Team based in Berlin/Dreilinden, to help support mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen.
This is a unique opportunity to truly integrate with an international e-commerce business. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about working in one of the e-commerce world's premier in-house Legal Departments,
sitting with the business, acting as a true business partner and advising Germany’s # 1 classifieds platform and vehicles platform on cutting-edge legal issues.
Candidate should have significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and advising on products/legal issues for an international technology company. This position will report to the Head of Legal, eBay Classifieds Group Germany.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Sitting with the fast paced eBay Classifieds Group business teams and acting as their legal advisor – guiding business strategy, while also doing their operational legal work;
- Working with business stakeholders to understand, structure, negotiate and close commercial agreements;
- Carrying out product reviews on web and mobile sites/apps;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for marketing, PR, technology and other services;
- Possible M&A integration support;
- Independently coordinating with functional stakeholders, including Tax, Privacy, Information Security, Litigation, IP, etc.
- Liaising with eBay Inc. Legal Team globally.
- Be a fully qualified German lawyer with excellent academics – legal qualifications in any other jurisdictions would be beneficial;
- Have at least 5 years of experience in e-commerce law, IT, IP, privacy and/or international business transactions, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts;
- Have strong product review skills - ability to project manage the legal review and the regular rollout of new products/functionality - working in cooperation with multiple stakeholders;
- Have great business rapport building skills and strong business acumen to support a high growth entrepreneurial business and build strong relationships quickly;
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Communicate in English and German at a professional business/legal level.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have start-up/incubator in-house legal/business experience and / or major e-commerce brand in-house legal experience;
- Be flexible with the scope and variety of projects to be undertaken;
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced culture, and have a practical, solutions-oriented focus and the confidence to advise in real time;
- Have legal budget management experience – accruals; law firm management;
- Specialization (LLM / Fachanwalt) in IT/IP/e-commerce law a plus.
What do we offer?
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility, close collaboration with a highly professional business team, yet start-up mentality with a great culture
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, softskill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans
- Home office possibilities
- A great campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by- location/detail/Germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself