Business Systems Analyst - TaxonomyLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0032076 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
- Proven Retail Taxonomy Management.
- Design and own the evolution of the European eBay category structures using the guiding principles of flattening hierarchies to the product level, aligning across global category structures and stabilizing local market needs by exception.
- Ensure Global eBay listing sites are ready for new product based backend data model
- Liaise with owners of other business unit functions to understand their requirements and gain their approval for any proposed changes where appropriate
- Coordinating work across wider eBay Content team and other Configuration team leads.
- Lead growing coverage of product descriptors by identifying gaps in targeted areas and via collaboration with locale Category Managers
- Work with analysts to develop a proposal to measure impacts of changes to data levers across multiple business end users.
- Understand and monitor consistent measurement tools and dashboards to gain insights and get a health check of structured data levers.
- Strong team lead
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office set of tools.
- Proven understanding and appreciation of the business model
- Experience working with Taxonomy or Data structuring
- Experience of working as a liaison between multiple teams across many time zones.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: