Database AdminstratorSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0032877
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Core Product Technology (CPT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay product experience and technology platform. In addition, we are working on the strategy and execution of our payments initiative, transforming payments management on our Marketplace platform which will significantly improve the overall customer experience.
- Responsible for design of logical and physical database models.
- Support the development efforts for one or multiple diverse types of large database systems.
- Perform requirements analysis, data modeling and database architecture functions for relational database system(s).
- Act as a project member on various projects, including a supporter or consultant on the RASCI model.
- Provide guidance in technical meetings, define standards and assist/provide status updates.
- Attend project meetings and implementation of new features and tasks.
- Work in a team environment.
- Work with Product Development architects and operations architects on the design of critical database application solutions
- Proficient in creating database design documents
- Evangelize database technology standards and roadmap outside of the database organization
- Work with cross functional operations teams such as systems, storage and network to design database technology stacks
- Working knowledge of networking, systems and storage as it relates to database technology
- Strong experience designing highly available and scalable database solutions.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of No-SQL technologies.
- Solutions design experience utilization Oracle 11gR2 features such as RAC, Grid, ASM, ADG etc
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: