Directory Services AdministratorShanghai, China Requisition Number R0032944
The eBay Corporate Directory Services team is tasked with the enhancement and upkeep of services such as Active Directory, PKI, name services, IPAM, time services, SEIM & forensics. The tools and technologies supported by the team provide enterprise security, digital certificates, authentication, LDAP, naming and log aggregation services to the eBay corporate environment. The team also provides consulting and solutions for various eBay security initiatives, working as a part of the eBay corporate Identity and security architecture team.
The person performing this job role will be an senior AD engineer and an escalation point for tools and technologies maintained by the Directory Services team.
Role and duties:
- Root cause analysis and long term fixes for operational issues escalated to the team.
- Delivering on security and other projects.
- Staying ahead of current developments in the Microsoft Active Directory, Server, IPAM, Azure and PKI spaces. Leveraging these to produce creative and operationally supportable solutions for security or business challenges
- Responding to server alerts during business hours and incidents as part of rotating on-call.
- Solving trouble tickets escalated to the team.
- Timely delivery on assigned projects, following eBay processes and producing operational documentation
- Contributing to the team roadmap, active participation in team and project meetings
- MUST have -
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Computer Science or related engineering domains would be preferred
- Passion about technology.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years working experience in IT system administration or related area;
- Hands on experience on Cisco / IBM / Dell / HP server hardware.
- Expert level understanding of all facets of Active Directory (Setup, Recovery, DNS, group policy, Schema, troubleshooting & diagnosis, authentication, best practices, patching and other maintenance)
- Expert level understanding of Microsoft PKI, PKI concepts, SCEP, Certificate templates, CRLs
- Experience with deploying and a good understanding of Azure AD connect, Azure administration (PaaS, IaaS and SaaS offerings)
- Ability to script in PowerShell or any other scripting language.
- Administration of any IPAM product.
- Understanding of SSO, MFA concepts and basic understanding of other operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English and Chinese both verbal and written. Work well with other team members and develop relationships with other teams
- Nice to have at least 2 or more of the below:
- Exposure to any leading monitoring system such as SCOM, BMC Truesight etc.
- Exposure to Splunk administration or using queries for troubleshooting / data analysis.
- Exposure to Quest management products: Active Roles, Change Auditor, Recovery manager.
- Understanding of Smartcards
- Customer satisfaction (internal eBay support teams and other users)
- Timely delivery on assigned projects and resolution of escalated issues, with root cause fixes wherever applicable.
- Building excellent relationships with peers and members from other teams.
- Enhanced operational stability for the environment.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: