Product Analyst (f/m/d)Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0032775 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
With more than 250 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace. eCG is always looking for hardworking, high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Passionate about analytics? Excited about turning data into meaningful business insights? We are looking for a hardworking Product Analyst (f/m/d) in the eCG Motors Vertical team in Berlin. The eCG Motors Vertical team is flexible and fast paced like a start-up. We are driving the creation of global motors solutions for the eCG companies around the world. Our team values entrepreneurial spirit, a drive to make things happen and mutual respect for each other’s talent and contribution.
As a Product Analyst, you will take a data-driven approach to objectively informing the product and process decisions critical to creating a world-class user experience and to achieving our commercial objectives. Your insights will help guide a team of product managers focusing on identifying and solving user experience, commercialization, and product issues by turning data into actionable insights. Curious, analytical, hypothesis-driven and fluent with data tools and sources, you will challenge of our understanding of our users and customers and be a key contributor in creating solutions.
Love to work with data as much as you love to work with people? Have a deep desire to understand users and their behavior? Excited to develop insights and recommendations that have a real impact on our products?
- Drive for results. Structure complex ambiguous consumer experience & commercial performance questions. Drive data analysis and hypothesis iteration to create actionable insights
- Support product development with iterative testing to achieve the best possible user experience
- Analyze trends within and across countries to uncover potential commercial opportunities
- Continually improve your knowledge of analytics tools, methods, our customers, business, and markets
- Contribute to a highly skilled eCG Motors Vertical analytics team, sharing knowledge and developing consistent standards around analysis, measurement and reporting
Your Qualification & Skill Profile:
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical role
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or another quantitative field
- Passionate about products and data and influencing product and or business decisions
- Ability to convert complex business questions into concrete requirements, relevant metrics and actionable insights to give clear recommendations
- Ability to break down problems and projects into smaller pieces and effectively communicate with a diverse set of people, while focusing on achieving the right outcomes as quickly as possible
- Pragmatic approach, knowing when a topic requires 100% or when 20% is sufficient
- Solid skills in data retrieval (e.g. SQL, R or Python)
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong knowledge of data methods and statistics.
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Teammate; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of partners
- Fluent in English
What we offer:
- A dynamic, highly skilled, international team with a passion for the customer, a global perspective and a good sense of humor
- An excellent working environment in a dynamic business with high team autonomy, flat hierarchies and an ethos that “The Best Idea Wins”
- Opportunity to work with advanced techniques and analytical standards
- Continuous development through active training and workshops & conferences
- Global scope, working closely with other eBay Classified Group teams across Europe, North America and APAC to create solutions which will be used by millions of people globally
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and the latest MacBook and start-up feel office facilities
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skills training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, regular offsite & team events
- Family-friendly environment
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your CV.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself