Principal Platform ArchitectAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0033363 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Our strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. We are expanding these teams with focus on our Headquarters in Amsterdam.
You have the opportunity to work together with our local markets in aligning our Architecture approach, defining an Architecture Strategy bringing our platforms closer together and driving for more technology efficiencies in our organisation.
This is a great opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers worldwide and we are looking for you as a:
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Be a leader Architect that defines our Architecture strategy with a team of fellow Architects across the globe
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Coach, guide and mentor teams and platforms on architecture and technology choices
- Collaborate with the other architects and senior devs on identifying, managing and minimizing tech debt in the platform
- Consult Product Managers, UX and stakeholders on the impact of product ideas and possible implementations
- Share architecture knowledge, insights and best practices with the teams and other architects within eBay
- Several years of experience as a lead engineer and or system architect
- Several years experience leading or influencing people and teams
- Deep knowledge of Java 8+, Spring Framework, web technologies and (non-) relational databases (bonus: node.js, react)
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Willingness to speak at conferences and engage in the community are a strong plus
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
Looking to leave your footprint in global e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share anything around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: