Technical Program ManagerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0033776 Subsidiary StubHub
Position: Technical Program Manager
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you will shape the future of global commerce? Want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
As a Technical Program Manager you are responsible for driving the various teams – both internal and external – to deliver cloud based products and services to the market. This position is responsible for creating and executing against the project plan, proactively mitigating risks, and managing the software development life cycle from inception to production launch and post production support
- Work with business and customer stakeholders to define product objectives and requirements
- Develop, maintain, and distribute (as appropriate) standard project management deliverables for the successful launch of new products and services, including: implementation plan, project schedule, project budget and variances, issues & action items log, meeting minutes, risks assessment and contingencies
- Partner with internal and external development teams to deliver on time and with the quality required Manage each release through the launch process
- Ensure engagement and input from customer operations to identify areas in need of improvement to increase customer satisfaction and decrease support requests
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of the project
- Assume responsibility and drive ownership for issue resolution
- Ensure all business systems, IT systems, partner platforms and networks are in place to support the offer and that the technical design accurately represents the requirements
- Work with business stakeholders to track performance scorecards and metrics post implementation
- Work closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Strong ability to influence across multiple teams
- Operate successfully in ambiguous environments
- Ability to handle multiple contending priorities simultaneously in an exciting environment
- Bachelor’s degree compute science 5+ years in product/program management/technical PM working directly with software development teams
- 3+ years of commercial coding experience Experience delivering with an agile methodology (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web and mobile technologies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Solid business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss complex technical concepts
- Knowledge of online and offline ticketing or eCommerce businesses
- Experience defining complex software architecture
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up
Affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with relevant experience will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself