Information Security EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0033885
We are looking for a highly motivated Application Security engineer to join eBay’s Global Information Security team to take on the problems of tomorrow while continuing to build and secure the foundation of today.
We need you to be an Application Security Engineer with deep familiarity with securing products and driving them through a secure Software development lifecycle. This job involves partnering with development, engineering and product teams on a daily basis, helping support the security approvals for applications and improving the Application Security processes. This role is in eBay’s Application Security team under the Information Security umbrella.
- Ensure applications and products are secured by driving them through the Secure Software Development lifecycle processes.
- Partner with Software Development, Engineering and Product teams on a daily basis to support their security needs
- Conduct Application Security scans, code audits and approvals
- Ensure security of Applications, Data sharing flows and APIs
- Evangelize security with development teams through Security training programs
- Triage and drive remediation of security vulnerabilities through the organizations bug bounty program
- You would help define overall application security strategies and procedures
- You would be instrumental in approving the launch of applications to production after ensuring adherence to security processes
- You would also help define operational processes to ensure predictable software development outcomes; refine Information Security processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain security utilities and metrics dashboards to help track/report on compliance
- Evaluate software security products and technologies, as required
- We would prefer you have a BSCS degree or an MS degree with appropriate years of experience, we prefer 4-8 years.
- Ability to conduct secure Software Development lifecycle processes
- Ability to engage with global application and engineering teams, business partners and product managers
- Ability to deep dive into data and analyze for security and fraud anomalies.
- Strong knowledge of Application Security Strategies is required
- This job involves interacting with partner development, engineering and product teams on a daily basis. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are extremely desirable
- You would be expected to handle vulnerability remediation of applications and web services, analysis of scan reports and be the first line of interaction and support for security questions from partner development, engineering and product teams
- Ability to determine risk based on context
- About 2 years of related hands-on security product development experience (Java, Python, JS) with web applications is a desirable addition.
- Experience in other technologies like Java, PHP and Node.JS is a plus.
- Ability to build automation tools for security processes for both mobile and web applications is a plus
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate in an effective and personable manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to the security needs of a highly agile organization
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: