Sr Software Engineer
Are you excited about Big Data and large-scale distributed systems? Do you dream about working in platforms that enable petabytes of data and running code on tens of thousands of cores? Love working on a fast-paced team in a startup-type atmosphere? If you answered yes to the above questions, then the eBay Data Solutions team is the place for you! We are looking for self-motivated and talenteddata engineer to create and manage data in traditional and nontraditional ways to unlock the value and potential of the data.
- Define, design, implement and test data integration modules.
- Estimate engineering effort; plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Must be able to independently design, code, and test major features.
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities.
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment.
- Utilize ETL best practices and implement them for process improvement.
- Work with external and internal teams to resolve infrastructure related issues when developing integration modules.
- Experience with agile and waterfall project development methodologies.
- Exposure and experience working in big data environments managing terabytes of data and information.
- Able to work with product managers, architects and data scientists to translate conceptual requirements into technical implementation requirements.
- Understanding of data models and data structures. Knowledge of Star Schema, Data Normalization.
- Understanding of difference between 3NF and Star Schema.
- Proficient in parallel data processing concepts.
- Highly self-motivated for success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- In depth knowledge of data management systems, processes and procedures – how to acquire, understand, control and distribute data and information.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in SQL, Teradata SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce and Spark is required.
- Experience in Java, Scala, and Python is a plus.
- Experience in Realtime and Bigdata technologies like Flink, Kafka is a plus.
MS in CS with 5+ years industry experience
Bachelor’s Degree with 7 + years of experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years