Senior Backend EngineerSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0033834
Are you looking to work with a passionate and entrepreneurial business, which happens to be a household name brand in Australia? Join Gumtree’s local marketplace team that is also part of a diverse global community under the eBay Classifieds Group present in 20+ countries around the globe. Gumtree’s purpose is to power people to create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs. Gumtree has strong brand health with high awareness, consideration & 6.8 million average monthly users!
Gumtree Australia is Australia’s local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 90,000 new ads are posted each day.
About the Gummie team
Gumtree Australia is a vibrant community marketplace and our role is to connect buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. We have a dynamic and open company culture with the support of a global network of brands.
We are looking to grow our development team and this is an exciting time to join! We are seeking the expertise of a Backend Java developer to work on building customer value through the design, development and delivery of high quality software on Hybrid cloud environments (OpenStack and Google Cloud).
What you'll do
- Design, develop, test and deploy our core software systems or applications.
- Work with delivery leads, other developers, product managers, QA, and operations teams to develop solutions that drive our OKRs, delight our customers and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Participate in and help drive the best possible ways of working for Backend development including Continuous Improvement, CI/CD, test automation, A/B testing and experimentation.
- Knowledgeable about backend development technologies, Including Java, Spring, JSON, Docker. (OpenStack and GCP experience a bonus).
- Love working in a dynamic agile team environment
- You are a self-starter. You seek out new opportunities and don’t shy away from challenges.
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the office every single day.
- Put the customer at the forefront of every decision you make.
- Love a challenge and look for creative ways to solve problems fast.
We work ease in to our fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment. We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it’s who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee no matter who you are or where you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity and Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: