Team Lead Software Development (m/f/d)Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0034239
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
The newly founded eCG Motors vertical operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain and Dreilinden near Potsdam. As part of the team in Berlin Friedrichshain, you will have the possibility to work with cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a:
Team Lead Software Development (m/f)
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach and mentor a cross-functional team of engineers
- Improve agile development and continuous deployment process
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to Product Owners, UX, other Team Leads and engineers
- Foster continuous knowledge transfer in the team and across teams
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Optionally contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead developer, tech lead, engineering manager or in a similar role
- Reasonable experience in project and team management
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies is a plus: Java, Spring Framework, web technologies, node.js, react and nonrelational databases
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate, employ and teach new technologies and concepts
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, real passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, Developer-grade MacBook
Looking to leave your footprint in motors e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group Motors vertical.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: