Business Process & Controls AnalystAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0034372
Global Payment Operations organization is hiring a Business Process & Adherence Analyst. This position will be in Austin, Texas,
Candidate will be charged with performing internal reviews and serve as owner of workflows that support the expanding functional areas of operation and audit controls, business continuity and incident management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Audit Controls & Adherence
- Develop understanding of business area risks, processes, and internal control procedures.
- Work across business units to improve monitoring, discover issues, mitigate risk and deliver better value to internal/external customers
- Adhere to internal controls and provide support for audit and regulatory reviews
- Work with internal process owners to obtain audit evidence in an organized and timely manner.
- Support collection, monitoring and reporting activities to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business units, management, and clients.
- Participate in root cause analysis, incident reporting, control improvements and corrective action activities based on the results of control design analysis and outcome of internal audit testing; including updating processes, training, monitoring, and other self-assurance activities.
- Promote and provide education to staff on company policies and best practices while also assisting with monitoring compliance with these policies.
Incident Response & Business Continuity
- Coordinate, manage and keep chronology of events during incident management conference calls - Update the incident reporting systems with resolution information
- Leverage the incident reporting system to identify trends - Interact with Problem Management on detection of potential trends; driving down repeat service impacting failures
- Manage service, change and incident queues - Works independently, receives minimal supervision
- Collaborate with business partners to determines the internal and external threats that can adversely affect the organization and its resources, the damage such events can cause, and the controls needed to prevent or minimize the effects of potential exposure.
- Identify critical functions, processes and systems, and their recovery priorities and interdependencies.
- Determines and guides the selection of possible business operating strategies for continuation of business during a disruption while maintaining critical functions.
- Assist with the development, enhancement and maintenance of comprehensive Incident Response, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans, and related policies and procedures that reflects the dynamic nature of the business and the workforce.
- Collaborates in designing, developing and conducting of awareness and training programs; designs, develops and conducts exercises of the business continuity plans, disaster recovery and incident response plans to evaluate their effectiveness.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
two years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a structured method for the testing and improvement of Business Continuity methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work independently, effectively and efficiently under time constraints; ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines with quality work products
- Proficient analytical skills; ability to conceptualize new ideas and complex technical matters quickly
- Able to provide input for solving complex project and business problems by using independent judgment to identify and analyze the situations, establish responsive objectives and actions, and apply objective project assessment
- Flexibility required in a demanding work environment, with frequent need to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and meet multiple priorities and time deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, Visio and Jira
- Strong communication skills, leading meetings and project discussions
- Collaborative team player with strong influencing skills
- Organizational knowledge and proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment is highly preferred
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: