Sr. Product Manager, Accounting SystemsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0034322 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are looking for an experienced and strategic Senior Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities for the eBay’s Payments Platform. We believe that the end customer experience is a derivative of our platform capabilities. Developing a platform to support multiple geographies carries with it many challenges. The ideal candidate will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. He or she will work closely with in-country and regional business leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, maximize utility of features common to multiple partners, and efficiently solve for local functionalities critical to market success. Additionally, he or she will have a proven ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as superior communication and presentation abilities.
- Define product strategy and roadmap for Financial Accounting Payments Platform, working closely with business partners and engineering leaders. Clearly set the product prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- Responsible for the stack that translates commerce transactions into financial transactions, bookkeeping, reconciliation and accounting. As Product Owner, this person will manage the design, development, and integration of global products to our accounting and reconciliation systems
- As the Product Owner, author user stories and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap with clear milestones. Owns product commitments and outcomes to the business
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for the platform
- Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide a global viewpoint and extend applications across use cases
- 8-10 years of strong product management experience with at least 5 years in payments, banking, accounting, reconciliation, or other financial systems.
- Experience with top tier ERP systems and/or previous SAP experience a strong plus.
- Subject matter expertize in technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale and globally
- Experience with agile development process
- Asks the right questions to formulate product perspective beyond clear and present requirements
- Balances technical and commercial acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on the business
- Builds strong relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks win-win outcomes
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: