Corporate Responsibility InternLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0034916 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
Starting in November for one year, this full-time role will sit in the PR/Communications team focusing on our Impact work.
eBay’s Impact work has been focused on two main areas; Retail Revival and eBay for Charity. Retail Revival harnesses the power of technology and eBay’s global marketplace to support and grow small businesses, strengthen local economies and cultivate vibrant community growth. eBay's buyers and sellers have raised over $900 million for charities worldwide through the eBay for Charity program. Coordinated into eBay's regular buying and selling platform, eBay for Charity makes it easy for people to support important causes.
The UK Impact Intern will provide support for all Global Impact initiatives in the UK. This role will work in close partnership with other team members and across functions to execute against the team’s regional strategy and objectives. This role will report to the Manager, UK Impact Communications.
General responsibilities include:
- Serve as project coordinator on small projects communicating with partners, developing concrete plans and detailed timelines
- Develop and update presentations, materials and content related to UK Global Impact programs
- Monitor and provide insights into peer and competitor CSR work
- Keep the team organised and focused on execution
eBay for Charity
- Work with eBay’s social media agency to manage the eBay for Charity UK social media content plans
- Monitor Charity inbox and coordinate with customer service operations helping to raise inquiries as appropriate
- Manage the eBay for Charity UK Give at Checkout schedule
- Manage scheduling and logistics of local seller events and activities for Retail Revival program
- Assist with collection of ongoing feedback from participants, advise on program modifications
- Help facilitate storytelling opportunities
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic standout colleague who takes initiative and has a can-do attitude. The role requires an ability to multitask, prioritise and make good use of time management skills. An aptitude for good PowerPoint design, superb organisational and communication skills are required.
- University degree received or currently studying Communications or similar (min Bachelor) degree.
- Holds an interest in Communications/PR and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Organised and able to work quickly and function well under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding writer and communicator
- A strong teammate with the ability to work reciprocally
- The ability to work confidently and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent communication skills, ability to earn trust of partners quickly
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative and drive
- Drives for results and demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Establishes relationships and is a standout colleague
- Ability to think innovatively and solves problems effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: