Senior Network Engineer - CDN and EdgeSan Jose, California
San Francisco, California Requisition Number R0035012
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Core Product Technology (CPT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay product experience and technology platform. In addition, we are working on the strategy and execution of our payments initiative, transforming payments management on our Marketplace platform which will significantly improve the overall customer experience.
Senior Network Engineer - Content Delivery and Edge Security is a key member of the Edge Infrastructure Team with responsibilities for designing, building, and maintaining content delivery and security systems using a combination of customer premise hardware and cloud solutions. Edge Infrastructure works closely with site performance and user experience teams to ensure the best overall customer engagement possible. Edge Infrastructure manages multiple CDN solutions including associated design and operations, and serves as an escalation point.
Core responsibilities of this role include:
- Optimizing Content Distribution Network Services
- Setting strategy for CDN network services
- Developing external monitoring infrastructure for monitoring and alerting on eBay’s service delivery issues
- Working with Connectivity Services for building tailored global infrastructure
- Working with Backbone engineering team on traffic engineering and optimal routing
- Working with network security teams for enabling appropriate security layers at edge and internally
- Working with GTM and DNS services team for delivering optimal user experience
- Working with various content delivery providers (Akamai, Fastly, Verizon, etc)
- Designing, building, and maintaining network delivery and security systems using a combination of customer premise hardware and cloud solutions
- Partnering with CPT groups to design and deliver solutions affecting performance and availability of products, services or infrastructure components
- Conducting weekly changes within ebay’s structured change review and execution processes
- Troubleshooting and providing problem resolution with post incident root-cause analysis responsibility
- Responding as a point of escalation to live site incidences
- Organizing and maintaining Edge Infrastructure tools, with associated documentation
- Creating and maintaining thorough documentation of solutions, designs, architecture, along with supporting guidelines, KPIs, etc.
Preferred experience and skills :
- 8+ years experience building network infrastructure
- 5+ years experience with Content Distribution Network Services
- Experience in engineering performance for Internet Users of web and mobile services
- Experience with global DDoS detection and mitigation services
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: