CFO brands4friends (f/m/d)Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0034551 Subsidiary Brands4Friends
brands4friends.de is Germany's leading online shopping club for fashion and lifestyle. In exclusive sales campaigns brands4friends offers not only products of well-known fashion and lifestyle brands but also collections of selected newcomer labels. Members can look forward to a new selection of items from more than 2,500 manufacturers a couple of times per day. In addition to current collections of overstock and off-season goods brands4friends regularly has special collections and items of exclusive cooperation in its portfolio. The Berlin-based company was recently named “Germany’s best (online-)retailer” by Handelsblatt and honored "Best Employer" by Focus Business. brands4friends has sold more than 40 million items in the last 10 years and ships an average of 2.2 million parcels per year to its customers in Germany and Austria. brands4friends.de has been online since September 2007 and employs about 250 people in Berlin. Registered managing directors in the commercial register are Nina Pütz and Norbert Domek. The company is operated by Private Sale GmbH which is a subsidiary of Regent, LP.
About the team
Fashion meets e-commerce in the melting pot Berlin. We are passionately creative and understand our craft, because online shopping is our life. At our office in Kreuzberg, 250 employees from 15 nations work on our vision "Making Style Accessible" every single day.
We work in an international environment with a familiar, diverse and open working atmosphere. We believe that every single person in the team is an important part of our success.
We just moved into a new organizational environment and are in the midst of an exciting change and transformation process.
We are therefore looking for you, an experienced, international Finance executive, with a strong background in restructuring, sound knowledge in Accounting, highly intrinsically motivated. We are offering you the unique chance to shape our future as our
Chief Financial Officer (f/m/d)
The CFO is responsible for financial oversight of the b4f business, including Sourcing, Marketing, Logistics, Tech, Production and the Controlling & Accounting activities including year-end close and certification of the books in collaboration with the external auditors. The position reports to the CEO of brands4friends and manages an overall team of 15-20 finance/FP&A, accounting and analytics professionals. The CFO will be part of the b4f management team and work closely with the GM. This position will be based in Berlin.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advising the management board on and actively driving strategic direction towards
- Initiatives to drive profitable growth
- New business opportunities
- Geo expansion
- Actively driving business results
- Accounting & Compliance related matters, e.g. managing the Accounting team and working with shared services resources
- Month end and annual closing activities
- Bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasting and budget setting
- Management & statutory reporting, local & US GAAP
- Overseeing audit activities
- Ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines and SOX regulations
- Overseeing compliance and accuracy of our backend systems
- Managing cash & cash forecasts
- Constantly developing reporting landscape
- Ad-hoc analyses
- Providing all business critical data
- Supporting & driving data-driven decision making
- Growing and developing the team
You have 10+ years of finance experience with several years of people management experience as well as leading medium teams (15-20+). Ideally, you have experience in managing turnarounds and in restructuring businesses. Your profound knowledge of retail and e-commerce business is a plus.
You should also possess the following:
- Very strong leadership skills and experience in leading, growing and motivating teams through periods of change
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with FP&A processes & analytics tools
- Accounting experience
- Charismatic, positive and motivating behavior
- Entrepreneurial digital mindset & delivery
- Polished communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business divisions, comprehend complex matters, articulate issues clearly and concisely, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations to all levels of the organization
- Experience influencing, training, mentoring and bringing to bear the skills of yourself and others to achieve objectives and a strong commitment to growing the careers of your team
- Ability to design and implement processes in support of new business initiatives and experience leading operational and process change
- Energy, flexibility, and desire to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing organization
What do we offer?
- Permanent position (full time) in the tech-metropolis of Berlin
- Dynamic team with room for individuality, real passion for e-commerce, integrity and humor
- Dynamic and interesting tasks with high responsibility
- Close collaboration with our management and development team
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies, flexibility and rapid decision-making
We look forward to your online application (German or English) at www.ebaycareers.com. We appreciate your understanding that only online applications can be taken into consideration.
Please note that Private Sale GmbH is no longer an affiliate of the eBay Inc group. Your application is only addressed to Private Sale GmbH and its associated online shopping club brands4friends. Your application will be forwarded to Private Sale GmbH.
View our accessibility info