Software EngineerMadrid, Spain Requisition Number R0035272 Subsidiary eBay
Want to be part of a company shaping how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? eBay is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Madrid. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world e-commerce leader and directly impact the lives of a global population of buyers and sellers!
The eBay Emerging European Countries (EEC) Product Development team is based in Madrid and is part of the global Core Product and Technology team. We enable commerce at scale, and have massive customer impact building solutions targeted towards our customers in Spain, Italy, France and other parts of Europe. Whilst doing all this, we are on a mission to improve eBay technology and drive agile adoption.
We seek for the highest quality, and work in small focused team following bits of Scrum, bits of Kanban, with a healthy dose of Extreme Programming (p.s. these aren't buzzwords, we mean it when we say we do this stuff).
Our multi-functional team has product management and all aspects of product development (including DevOps and Test), all working together every day. Our engineers decide the right tools for the job and they pair on pretty much everything, so you should enjoy that!
Working at eBay is a rewarding, challenging and inspiring experience.
As a Software Engineer in the eBay EEC Product Development team, you will:
- Build or extend core products, designing and coding elegant front-end and/or backend solutions to solve customers problems
- Experiment with new innovations to make the lives of eBay customers better
- Rollout global functionalities in local markets
- Apply and advocate the best software development practices including TDD, clean code, continuous refactoring, core reviews and pair programming
- Testing at all levels (unit, integration, and UI)
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years professional experience in software design and development working on a team
- Deep understanding of object oriented design and best coding practices
- Experience in software development in Java
- Experience building software in large distributed systems and web services
- Agile mindset - someone who truly embraces the Agile values and understands the difference between being Agile and doing Agile
- Growth mindset - someone who enjoys learning new things every day, not afraid of new challenges, open to picking up new languages and frameworks when the situation arises and coming up to speed on various existing eBay technologies for an internal open source model where we work in a variety of projects and codebases.
- Phenomenal teammate - someone who is willing to collaborate with colleagues to achieve common goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficient in English and in one or more among Spanish, Italian, French
What we offer
- A dynamic, international team with very skilled people, passion for e-commerce and technology, dedication and a good sense of humor
- The opportunity to work closely with other eBay teams across the globe
- The chance to create applications which are used by millions of people globally
- A competitive salary and great benefits (health insurance, retirement plan, meal tickets, transport card, share options and more)
- Flexible work schedule
- Free access to online learning resources and annual budget for trainings and conferences
- Free running, yoga and pilates classes
- Free coffee and fruit
- Brand new office facilities in central Madrid, in Salamanca area. Just two minutes from the Retiro, one of Madrid’s largest parks, luxury shopping, and the heart of the capital city
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, thrilling high spec dev machines
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: