Portfolio ManagerAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0040919
We are eBay, a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that that is genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since our founding 25 years ago.
We are seeking a results-oriented, hardworking, team-focused individual with validated financial and analytical acumen. The candidate is an authority on the Treasury Investments team, driving our efforts to protect the Company’s Cash as well as having an eye towards our commitments to customers as eBay transitions to managing Customer Payments.
With your pulse on the global investments markets and economic conditions, you will help drive a best-in class Investments functions. You will optimize our portfolio while also preparing to Safeguard customer funds in the near future. You will be a mentor to analysts on the Investments team, as well as across Treasury and Finance.
Professional Experience/Background To Be Successful In This Role
- Extensive experience in investing corporate cash, including forecasting and performance attribution, risk analytics, benchmarking, and managing broker relationships.
- 7 -10 years of experience in managing an investments function for a large, Multi-National Corporation.
- Proficiency in corporate accounting and controls of corporate investments activities
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or CFA preferred
Competencies (Attributes Needed To Be Successful In This Role)
- Proven quantitative financial skills and strong analytic capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Key is the ability to Communicate sophisticated information clearly and concisely and to influence and navigate in challenging situations
- Great Teammate able to work well within Finance and across the organization
- Curiosity and initiative to proactively research and recommend improvements across the company.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including experience building financial models, pivot-tables and VBA experience a plus
- Passionate about developing new, more efficient solutions to existing processes
- Ability to work with others in a closely collaborative team environment and evolve with organizational changes
- Experience with Bloomberg, Bloomberg analytics and other research databases
- Plus: Experience with automation, coding or SQL
Expected Outcomes In 12 Months
- Take full ownership of the corporate cash portfolio and upgrade investment policies, tracking and forecasting of positions and performance, and regulatory reporting – drive a roadmap for creating a best in class Investments Trading, Reporting and Analytics function.
- Build strong connections within finance, other functions and business partners
- Partner with the treasury organization to understand cash uses and sources and impacts to building a maturity profile that provides liquidity for the company
- Prepare the Company to manage Customer Cash in compliance with all US and International rules on Safeguarding customer funds.
- Take analytics of drivers behind balances and returns to the next level to enhance predictive power and business decision making
- Leader as coach: train and mentor a high achieving team
- Ensure compliance with regulatory limits on investments and carry out compliance reporting
- Ensure SOX controls are followed in full and on time; advise on upgrades to processes and controls
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: