Sr. MTS, Data ArchitectSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035352
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay’s Data Infrastructure team builds and runs petabyte scale distributed data platforms that power large scale transactional data, caching, blob/object storage, streaming and media use cases. We are the core data platform on which eBay application developers build highly available services and user experiences. We offer multiple database choices to enrich application development and improve developer agility, including – relational, document style, columnar and key-value stores.
We are looking for a senior-level Data Architect who has strong prior data architecture and/or solution architecture expertise supporting large scale data and application ecosystem. You will be part of the data architecture team that works very closely with eBay’s application developers on a daily basis to create the right data architectures to support the application’s availability, capacity, confidentiality/privacy/security and schema needs. You will be working closely with our engineers, product development customers, business partners & product managers, and influencing key decisions in the application development lifecycle.
- Evaluate and recommend database design patterns, standards and processes to improve the overall Data Infrastructure platform offerings.
- Effectively partner across Product Development and database platform teams to understand business and product needs and ensure the architecture meets those requirements.
- Create Logical Data Models to support modern deployment architectures across different business domains in eBay.
- Create and update existing Physical Data Models for relational, document style, columnar and key-value stores provisioned across different environments.
- Create and enhance automation for creation of DDL scripts for database objects to be created in relational database systems.
- Work with Capacity, Data Platform engineers, Engineering Managers, and Product Managers efficiently with necessary multi-tasking skills.
- Promote a data-driven software development culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery and business impact.
- Help lead data architecture and solution design reviews across multiple teams.
- Effectively communicate, represent and evangelize supported Data Infrastructure platforms across external eBay application development teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience working as a Data/Solution Architect.
- Expertise in database technologies such as Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase and MySQL with an extensive focus on scalability, availability and performance.
- Experience in driving technical standards, architectural and data patterns across multiple teams.
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency with databases, modern system architectures, and data patterns.
- Solid understanding of data modeling, data lineage, data security/confidentiality/privacy and related data standards.
- Experience in eCommerce industry with a familiarity of Selling, Buying and Payments domains is a plus.
- Understanding of agile development methodologies in an iterative development environment.
- Proven ability to understand the business and make appropriate trade-offs.
- Proactive and energetic individual with a strong bias for action.
- Strong verbal & written communicator with excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: