Server/Storage Infrastructure EngineerSan Jose, California
Austin, Texas Requisition Number R0035421
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Do you have passion for solving problems that come with scale? At eBay, we deal with petabytes of data and thousands of servers that is queried and transformed at rapid speed – we perform few billions of queries and update billions of records per day.
If you work with data infrastructure of this size and volume it is very exciting, we would like to mention that we are growing this team that is supporting and maintaining an enterprise class system, always available with extreme high-performance.
The server and storage platform is built by a team which has the culture and fast paced development found at a startup.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer to join us!
In this role you would participate as a member of a top UNIX Systems Administration team responsible for operationally excellent management of the eBay servers required to keep eBay's web properties running in a 24x7x52 environment.
- Build, maintain and upgrade hundreds of Sun, Linux Netapp and Load Balancing systems.
- Requires ability and willingness to perform on-call duty on a rotational basis.
- Assess systems utilization to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Automation of repeatable work.
- Act as a key member on various projects (role could be support, consultant, or key lead for either business or infrastructure projects in a variety of systems administrator tasks, including: configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings, and implementation of new features and tasks)
- Some travel may be required
- Be part of a team of super-smart engineers managing huge servers and storage platform using the latest technologies.
- Design and implement differentiated production-ready features in a fast-pace environment with focus on availability, scalability, performance and a secured infrastructure.
- Rollout features at the pace of business changes and requirements
- Passion to bring out innovative ideas and try out new solutions, while being open-minded to feedback from the team
- Relentless focus on quality and automation
- In-depth knowledge of SUN Solaris10 & 11
- DTRACE programming and troubleshooting
- Solaris Security
- Troubleshooting Solaris server running Oracle DB
- Brocade SAN knowledge and administration/ troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of Veritas Storage Foundation Suite
- LINUX familiarity is a big plus
- Hitachi/EMC/NetApp storage knowledge and administration/ troubleshooting
- Perl/Python programming
- Knowledge on SSDs along with administration/ troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Oracle RAC and EXADATA systems.
- 10 years related Unix Systems Admin experience
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: