Data Engineer (m/f/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg, Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0034992 Subsidiary mobile.de
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
With 1.4 million vehicles, mobile.de is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most challenging product development organizations in eBay Germany. We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to build the best of class experience in the vehicle market.
We are searching for a passionate Data Engineer (m/f/d) for our Analytics Solutions department. If you are an expert data integration engineer excited to collaborate in a team on projects shared across the globe and a have keen eye for maintainable and testable code then you'll love working with us.
** the contract is limited to 18 month **
- Derive data integration requirements from product and feature development
- Maintain and improve existing integration tasks
- Collaborate with your colleagues in Berlin, Amsterdam and Shanghai
- Write high quality, clean and maintainable code
- Be an active part in the team to share experience and discuss way forward
- Innovate technology and development process with the team
- Collaborate with data engineers and analysts from Berlin, Amsterdam and Shanghai to demonstrate eCG’s data opportunities
- 2-3 years of relevant and proven experience as a Data Engineer
- Very good understanding of moving large data sets in different systems like Hadoop, Exasol
- Previous experience:
- with data integration tools like Talend Data Integration
- in creating data models with an SQL based database
- integration of noSQL sources
- SQL, Hive, Sparc, Java, Linux shell scripting, SVN, GIT
- English / German language skills
- You believe in team work, especially in multi-functional teams and in KISS principle
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- You understand that quality is not assured solely by the QA engineer, but by the team
- You’re convinced that responsibility does not end with deployment
- Experience with Data Vault modelling will be considered as a plus.
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- Meaningful work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- High team autonomy and agile environment (Kanban / Scrum)
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA
- International career opportunities throughout eBay globally
- Home office possibilities, competitive salary and a lot of additional benefits (e.g. sabbatical, company pension plan)
- A phenomenal campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, in, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself