MTS 1, Software EngineerToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0035664
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the most critical organizations within eBay! Our organization creates critical tools (applications, web services, user experiences, API, Feeds) to support the eBay seller community. Our team builds critical backend technologies that impact millions of eBay sellers worldwide to enable our sellers to grow their business on eBay, through the rich set of big data eBay has accumulated of years and with business intelligence. Our system provides different kinds of guidance/recommendations to our sellers to help them to be more successful in selling on eBay, and also has built-in tracking capability to understand the impact of each and every guidance/recommendation!
What are we looking for?
- Has strong knowledge of Java and/or Scala and has prior experience in developing in a large-scale distributed architecture
- Possesses extraordinary knowledge of Java/Scala design patterns and best practices.
- Has strong prior database experiences with various database types for both relational and non-relational databases, such as Oracle, document database, columnar database
- Has the creativity to provide various solutions for technical problems and issues
- Has experience using source control systems such as GitHub
- Is self-motivated and has the ability to get things done
- Has the ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong collaboration skills and ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results.
- Possesses proven leadership skills and has previously been in a leading role
- Is passionate about providing the best for our customers
Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience.
·Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience
·Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: