Technical Security Compliance SpecialistSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035765
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
You will be a member of the Global Information Security team responsible for technical compliance activities for eBay Marketplaces, Corporate IT environments, and adjacent businesses. This individual will work directly with business leaders to understand security compliance issues, lead technical compliance assessments and mitigation efforts, and develop effective remediation programs and actions to resolve compliance issues.
You will have a solid understanding of technical security compliance requirements and solutions, as well as threats and challenges impacting the protection of information across an extended global enterprise. The successful candidate will also have the ability to provide pragmatic guidance to business leaders and customers that effectively balances compliance risks with the needs of the business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hands on experience with the compliance (e.g. auditing, control testing, certifications, and attestations)
- Consult with business units and technology teams to ensure adherence to security policies, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate identified technical compliance risks to business leaders to ensure a clear understanding of these risks as well as potential mitigations.
- Manage remediation of security compliance issues with technology and business teams to ensure remediation is completed timely and effectively.
- Define technical compliance requirements for various eBay technologies and platforms.
- Analyze complex network security architectures for control requirements.
- Create documentation to ensure consistent, reliable, and repeatable activities.
- All other duties as required.
Skills and qualifications:
- The successful candidate for this role will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or related discipline or equivalent, with 5+ years of related experience
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent information security certification
- In depth understanding of compliance regulations and requirements such as PCI, SOX, NIST, GLBA, and various Data Protection Laws.
- Detailed technical knowledge of at least two of: application security, system security, network security, authentication/authorization protocols, or cryptography.
- Experience in ecommerce, retail, and/or the financial services and technology industries;
- Proven track record of successfully managing and implementing technical compliance programs.
- Demonstrable experience in influencing executive leadership on compliance activities and direction.
- Strong project management, interpersonal, relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Must be able to interface, influence, and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business colleagues and teams in multiple locations at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of information security principles and of relevant industry standards.
- Ability to establish working relationships that enable self-direction in gathering requirements and scoping work.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new environments and technologies.
- Must be organized, goal-oriented, and a self-starter.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly complex environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as required.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: