Product Owner – Science and InferencingBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0036891 Subsidiary eBay
In this role you will lead a small, focused, highly efficient and collaborative multi-functional agile team, including product management, product development and quality.
Our team is responsible for building the platform that serves personalized recommendations using online machine learning models. We enable data scientists to rapidly develop, deploy, train, run and analyze their models using the best open source tech in the world (such as Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy/gPRC, PartiQL, Beam, Flink, Couchbase) and support many ML frameworks (such as Tensorflow, Python, SkLearn, PyTorch…). We make data accessible, providing fresh features to the models and experiences based on real-time streams.
Our small and agile team is located in Bellevue, WA (in the US). We have a growth mindset and start-up attitude. We seek to take personalization to an entirely new level. If you are a hardworking product owner in the ML space and are ready to take the next step in your career, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
- Know what’s going on in AI/ML (stay up-to-date daily)
- Attend/present at conferences
- Learn from our current users (data scientists, engineers, researchers and analysts)
- Understand the business context and our customers.
- Work with marketers to understand campaign needs
- Develop and keep updated a vision document
- Ensure that everyone in the team knows what true north always is
- Maintain a groomed backlog
- Connect with other teams at eBay to drive up ML literacy
- Be in constant contact with scientists (every week)
- Know what’s going on with experiments
- Know what to say “No” to
- Keep partners informed on progress, plans and problems.
- Always stay on top of goings-on
- Sprint Planning and monitoring (using JIRA)
- Clear short specifications of major features.
- Features need to meet an industry-raising bar
- Maintain ordered backlog of features in JIRA and prioritize incoming features.
- Run daily scrum.
- Develop reports, run them and monitor critical metrics.
- Communicate with customers on bugs/feature progress, resolve their day-to-day needs
- Weekly Status Call, release mails and Monthly Newsletters.
- Bachelor’s in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- 5+ years agile product management experience
- Expertise with complex technical ecosystems
- Experience with some of the following tech: Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy/gPRC…)
- Experience working as a developer or data scientists.
- Knowledge of big data tech (Hadoop, Couchbase, Kafka, Beam, Flink)
- Knowledge of ML frameworks (such as Tensorflow, Python, SkLearn, PyTorch…).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with local and remote teams.
- Self-starter, proven problem solver with outstanding testing and debugging skills.
- Clear prioritization and communication of tasks
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: