Senior Quality Assurance EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0037115 Subsidiary Gumtree
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We’re looking for a quality assurance engineer to join our international team of engineers at eBay Classifieds Group!
We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, just a short stroll from Richmond station, away from the busy tubes on zone 1. You’ll be supporting and supported by a team of over thirty engineers, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and rewarding environment.
You’ll sit across 4 squads of agile teams with up to 12 cross-functional members to deliver the future of our quality strategy. Your main focus will be to
Create PoCs (Proof of Concepts), frameworks and other tools to support testing as well as automating test cases, Recommend new tools Work with developers to increase efficiency throughout the SDLC. You will be an advocate and evangelist for “Shift Left” quality improvements and automation. As part of the quality team, you’ll be working on delivering products and excellent quality which help achieve the business goals.
Does this excite you?
What you can expect from us
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as an engineer and as a person
- Working with modern technologies such as Scala, Elasticsearch, NodeJS, ReactJS, Kubernetes and cloud Microservices
- Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice, free drinks machine and a variety of other beverages, free breakfast and fruit throughout the day)
We’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge of the Test Pyramid
- Experience creating test cases and automating them following the test pyramid for Web and Mobile applications
- Experience setting up test strategies from scratch focus on Test Automation at the appropriate levels towards Continuous Delivery
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration tools and processes
- Experience creating PoCs and test automation frameworks from scratch
- Comfortable working with Developers on a test-first approach
- Comfortable participating in Code Reviews actively providing and receiving constructive criticism
- Ability to review Unit Tests and contribute with improvements
- Comfortable with end-to-end testing and exploratory testing on Web and Mobile
- Background in end-to-end Web and Mobile application flows and tiers including back-end services, JSON schemas and payloads
- Familiarity with App Store/Google Play Release Processes
- Strong Native application hands on testing
- Experience using Mobile automation tools such as Espresso and XCTest
- Knowledge of XCode, Crashlytics, TestFlight other mobile tools
- Hands on experience with UI test automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Calabash, Cypress or Puppeteer, ideally across Web and Mobile
- Experience in automating API testing using Rest Assured, Jersey Client, RestSharp or similar involving a programming language
- Experience with cloud-based testing such as SauceLabs or BrowserStack
- Expertise within the software development lifecycle, including Agile teams and methodologies
- Customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported
- Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover
- Pension scheme Life and disability insurance
- Parental leave policy and Cyclescheme available
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eBay Classifieds Group
- Regular Tech Talks, Hackathons and workshops
- Phenomenal working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea
- Free on-site massages, yoga, pilates and fitness bootcamps
- Many other perks!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: