Senior Team Lead - CatalogNetanya, Israel Requisition Number R0037357
eBay doesn’t have BIG DATA. It has HUGE DATA!
With more than 100 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most dynamic online marketplace. If you are passionate about working with real, huge data of the largest inventory in the world, this role might be the best fit for you!
Your huge impact in this role
You will participate and contribute to major development of services and components which process hundreds of millions of messages each day creating the world’s biggest products catalog which directly enables better customer experience on eBay’s site.
Drive an increase of eBay’s overall catalog quality by leading a software development scrum team of 5-10 java developers. Driving people personal development in the team, provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. Plan road maps and coordinate activities with different interfaces such as PM / TPM /architects/ HR and report to higher management . In this role, you will be responsible for high quality development of Java services that integrate with high scale backend systems; High quality design and implementation; Support of production applications.
What shall you bring to the table?
• 10+ years’ experience in server-side development in Java, Restful services
• 3+ years’ experience in software team management
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science BSc.
• Experience in design and architecture and development of complex high scale microservices systems.
• Experience with Java 8+ and Spring framework.
• Experience with NoSQL and RDBMS
• Experience with messaging and streaming technologies such as Kafka/RabbitMQ
Soft Skills and Competencies
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing at all levels
• Influencing skills, evidencing ability to gain agreement or acceptance through influence, persuasion or negotiation
• Organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to establish plans of action to effectively ensure achievement of results
• Team leading ability, shown by having led a team to work co-operatively with others, continually reviewing objectives and priorities, and accepting collective responsibility
The following competencies would be a great advantage:
• Experience in UI/UX – React / Angular
• Experience with Couchbase, ELK, Kafka.
• Experience with K8 and Dockers
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: