Software EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0014498 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Have you ever wanted to work on a platform that creates between 12-16 million new ecommerce listings per day! It’s what we do for a living! Without us, there’d be nothing for sale on eBay and we need your help to make it even better! Come be part of this Winning Team! In an effort to radically simplify eBay’s selling experience, we are looking for highly talented engineers who will have an opportunity to work with others to create world class consumer selling platform. You will be working on high-volume applications that power the eBay marketplace, providing an engaging selling experience for millions of customers daily and generating billions of dollars in annual revenue. Performance, reliability, scalability and accuracy are of utmost importance as these are some of the most critical flows on eBay and the slightest glitch can have a huge financial impact for eBay and our customers.
- Design and develop backend systems using JAVA/J2EE, ORACLE and NOSQL programming languages.
- Analyze and improve the speed, efficiency, scalability, stability, availability and security of customer facing applications and APIs
- Develop documentation and test infrastructure necessary to reach production level readiness
- Work with product, business unit and UI design partners to understand product requirement and translate it into engineering requirement.
- Experience with Scala and nodeJS is nice to have
- 3+ years of work experience in software design and application development or MS in Computer Science/equivalant field and 1+ years of experience
- Extensive hands-on experience and expertise in object-oriented design methodology and application development using Java/J2EE, Design Patterns, Spring MVC, SQL,NOSQL DB, Web services
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- 1+ years of experience in developing high performance, highly scalable, database driven consumer web applications
- Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON/XML
- Experience with Spring, OSGI and other open source frameworks is a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.