Technical Agile Program ManagerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0014197
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Technical Agile Program Manager
The Agile Program Manager will be responsible for working with business and technology teams across the StubHub organization to deliver customer value through implementation of agile principles, processes, and methods. This position requires an experienced Program Manager with a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile Methods, including Scaled Scrum, but also an understanding and working experience with Waterfall framework. This individual will be responsible for the delivery of customer value as well as might be called on to provide training and the day-to-day coaching needed to help teams in their agile maturity journey.
- An active, vocal partner in defining the strategic direction of a major product and / or product line involving several complex programs.
- Work with all departments to secure, prioritize and align cross-functional, cross-domain delivery teams to deliver programs
- May oversee the direction of multiple programs and multiple scrum teams aligned to those programs.
- Assist the Product Owner and Scrum Master(s) with supporting 5 levels of Agile Planning and keeping the backlog groomed.
- Work on helping Scrum Masters develop and maintain value streams.
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrums.
- Facilitate program status meetings, track status of existing issues and identify new issues and risks.
- Act as a central point of contact for all communication related to the programs and project(s).
- Facilitate stream intake sessions and coordinate bringing backlog to the scrum teams.
- Communicate program status at all management levels.
- Ensure that programs adhere to established standards and methodology practices. Help define new development processes and industry best practices.
- Assess impact of change requests.
- Make recommendations on how to best approach programs and projects keeping in mind the business goals.
- Know at all times the health of programs and projects, risks and impact to delivery of customer and business value.
- Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and stakeholders.
- Advocate of Agile methodology.
- Foster a collaborative, yet disciplined culture within Agile teams and help them embrace the whole team concept.
- Work closely with Scrum Masters on assessing the Agile maturity and skill-growth for teams and provide training and feedback as required.
- Maintain awareness of cross product / program synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
- Actively contribute to the company's Agile Community.
- Actively contribute to the company’s PMO as a center of excellence.
- 8+ years of program/project management experience.
- Certified Scrum Master/ Certified Scrum Practitioner.
- Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Lead or Agile Coach, preferably with large organizations.
- Strong working knowledge of web development and eCommerce for an international company.
- Prior experience working on Customer Service infrastructure and software projects, Fraud prevention programs and Finance programs.
- Strong understanding of and applied experience with Agile development principles.
- Ability to coach teams in the scrum master capacity.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, with focus on proactively removing program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery.
- Ability to focus on results and outcomes, not just the process.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements .
- Demonstrated leader throughout career.
- Must be an experienced servant leader seen by both peers and leadership as a strong communicator.
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment where priorities shift rapidly.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify win-win solutions.
- Strong influence, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to operate independently within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience with JIRA Agile.
- Positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving complex organizational and process problems.
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.