Sr Business Analytics AnalystDublin, Leinster Requisition Number R0014928 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to transform data into insight & recommended actions for driving change in business results
- Help create an end-to-end view of how customers interact with eBay policies, products and service and how eventually they convert into financials based on what we hear and know within GCX
- Transform scientific/data analysis and communicate business performance in a clear and insightful way to the business to facilitate timely and informed decision making
- Be an advocate of GCX for the rest of the eBay organization, pushing insights to make eBay and GCX better
- Provide global business & analytics thought leadership
The role is focused on driving change & better decisions, through data analysis, rigorous truth seeking & actionable synthesis. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style – all that with a roll-up-the-sleeves, action-oriented mindset – to have impact in our fast-paced never-boring environment. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in quantitative analysis, problem definition, synthesis & recommendation development will be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity.
Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
- BS Degree in Statistics/Mathematics or quantitative field required (or experience equivalent), PhD/MS degree preferred
- Strong communication skills and experience distilling and presenting complex quantitative financial analysis into action-oriented recommendations.
- Prior experience in creatively applying regression techniques/modeling, optimization techniques, bias-variance analysis, cluster analysis, A/B testing, etc for business applications
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate and deal with all levels in the organization in a clear, timely and effective manner
- Familiarity with SQL, R, SAS, or other data accessing/manipulation/computational tools
- Strong promoter of diversity and inclusion as a natural way of conducting business
- 5+ years of experience in analytics and insights
Location: Salt Lake City, San Jose or Dublin, Ireland
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.