Sr. Security EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0014979 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Data on boarding across multiple data sources (windows, linux, API, database, etc)
- Knowledge of Splunk forwarder management
- Data normalization (extractions, tags, event types)
- Understanding of the Splunk Common Information Model
- Understanding of Splunk Data Models
- Understanding of Splunk configurations and dependencies
- Ability to debug configuration issues
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate all security-focused tools and services
- Build and deploy automation for monitoring our infrastructure, applications, and network
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks which leverage available resources and simplify operational overhead.
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to automate deployment and operation of the infrastructure. Manage, deploy and configure infrastructure with Puppet and other automation toolsets.
- Evaluate and propose best practices/standards, process improvements, and security policy to provide the highest levels of availability, security and data privacy.
- Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigate organizational structure to resolve them.
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas
- Performs administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Splunk, BigData/Hadoop, associated platforms to include content creation, maintenance, and administration tasks.
- Research, analyze and understand log sources utilized for the purpose of security monitoring, particularly security and networking devices (such as firewalls, routers, anti-virus products, proxies, applications, and operating systems)
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of the SIEM/Log Management platforms.
- Define processes for data ingestion, standardization, management and transformation.
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.