Principal IT ArchitectAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0016268 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with 12 brands that offer services in more than 1000 cities around the world. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Our central product and tech organization empowers all our markets through key capabilities & services which are utilized by all of our sites. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our environment.
We are looking for a leader to drive our shared central software architecture into its next generation and to provide thought leadership across a highly skilled group of developers.
Will be developing large scalable, high performance software (JAVA / Golang) that powers the central platforms of eCG.
Will be leading a team in creating innovative future technology that sits at the heart of amazing new experiences for our customers and our business.
Interacting and leading senior developers to define, design, develop and integrate applications and services with our customer facing platforms around the group.
Will bring best practices to the table and lift the bar on design and implementation knowledge; documentation of code and systems; support of production applications; and coordination of development tasks among the broader team.
- Experience with architecting high volume web systems and/or complex transaction client-server systems.
- Proven experience of delivering products in an Agile software engineering environment with good understanding of the processes, behaviors and technical methods used in a complex software environment.
- Worked in a role providing technical leadership ideally within an International environment, with experience in prioritisation & setting architectural strategy
- 8+ years’ experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant web applications or services for the Internet and 2 years in managing and leading development teams.
- Extensive knowledge of technologies like Java, Kafka, Elastic, Cassandra. Willingness to cross train to GO
- Good people leadership skills in both direct leadership and virtual leadership environments with a passion to help people to grow
- A track record of building and developing high performing teams and attracting and developing technology real talent.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience
- Demonstrable experience of working with teams delivering large size software deliveries across multiple time zones.
- E-commerce experience is preferable, as is Cloud / SAAS experience a major advantage.
View our accessibility infoR0016268
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.